Friday, May 11, 2012

Beautiful

Yes I am speaking of both external and internal beauty. Not in a superficial, distorted or worldly way though.

We need to care for our appearance but in a balanced way that is for us, not someone else. Not ever for our spouse or significant other. When we are happy with our beauty, it will have a ripple affect not others, so it will in turn be for our spouse or significant other, but we need to take care of ourselves first, in order to care for others.

Look at yourself in the mirror, everyday, and tell yourself 'you are beautiful.' Do it more than once a day too.

Face/make-up
Care for you skin, clean it, moisturize it, protect it. Learn to make it up to bring out features, or cover others.

Make up it a personal choice. You don't need to look like a beauty queen when doing yard work.

I know i don't wear make-up every day and for me that's okay. You decide what you want and do a good job with it.

If you don't know how, there are those out there who can help you. Consultants for cosmetics (I won't name them in fear of leaving someone out, plus I'm not paid to advertise for them), beauticians, Youtube video instructions, or even a trusted friend.

Here is something that I like to do.

Homemade Baby Wipes (*1)

YOU WILL NEED:
1 roll of premium paper towels
2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil (*2)
An airtight storage container. Use an empty baby wipe container for greater ease of use. (*3)
3 drops lavender (*2 & 4)
3 drops melaleuca (*2 & 5)

INSTRUCTIONS

Cut paper towels in half widthwise with a serrated or electric knife. (I prefer and very sharp butcher knife, as serrated can make a mess.) Use half the roll now, and half later.

Pour the mixture over the paper towels and then cover with the airtight lid letting the mixture absorb for 10 minutes. Turn the container over and let sit for another 10 minutes. Remove and discard the cardboard middle, and then when ready to use pull wipes from the center.

( I have been using homemade baby wipes since my boys were little, but I like these better, since the oils have therapeutic properties. See footnotes)


*1 Article found in doTerra Living Magazine Spring 2012, page 21 Submitted by Heather Gunnerson, Independent Product Consultant
*2 doTerra Fractionated coconut oil, Lavender essential oil and Melaleuca essential oil. For more information you can email me
*3 Mainstays Food Storage Container Set Two 16-cup capacity containers. #078652323051 found at Walmart for $2.48. I got one for baby wipes and one for cleaning wipes (I will be posting the cleaning wipes later today) 
*4 Lavender Essential Oil: www.everythingessential.me
*5 Melaleuca Essential Oil (Tea Tree) www.everthingessential.me

No comments:

Post a Comment