Thursday, November 15, 2012

Compassionate

It has been quite a while since I have written on my blog. I am thankful to say that it is because I have been anxiously engaged in good. From my new job tending two sweet babies, canning, getting the farm ready for winter, bringing a son home from a mission, and celebrating 25 years of marriage to my sweetheart, I have had my hands full.

I have had some emotional set backs too, as I suffer from depression. But this blog is not meant for my asking for sympathy, but to give of myself as I work through my difficulties.

This month brings a lot to mind as we get ready for Thanksgiving and then the holidays in December, particularly Christmas, as I am a christian, but not to overlook the Jewish holidays as Jesus was a Jew.

Thanksgiving can easily overwhelm us with thoughts of what pies am I going to make this year, where are we going to have dinner and all the other good and meaningful things that go into getting together and eating a fabulous meal, however, we all know it is and should be more than that.

Thanks-giving

Giving thanks for what we have, our homes, job(s), education, freedoms, good health (or not as bad as it could be), family, food on the table (even when it's not as much of or what we would rather have), etc.

Look around you--are there others who are doing worse off than you?

It would be really easy to look at what we don't have and complain or even criticize. Let me tell you, I do plenty of that, especially when my depression gets bad and I wonder why I need to go through "this".

Those are the times we need to rise above and really look at the good in our lives.

I have seen many friends on Facebook, post something they are thankful for each day in November.

I would challenge you to start now and do it too. You can even post several a day in order to catch up.

I think as we do this we will find a lot more "thanks" rather than "why me".

Happy Thanks-giving

No comments:

Post a Comment